Tip: If you are serious about improving your vocabulary, then Denise and I highly recommend you try the popular vocabulary-improvement software Ultimate Vocabulary. Click Ultimate Vocabulary for details.*
10 Ways Of Improving Your Vocabulary
1. Read a lot. Read material that challenges your existing vocabulary.
2. Converse and interact with people who have good vocabularies.
3. Play vocabulary word games online. There are plenty of vocabulary word games online. Try this vocabulary game. Or this vocabulary game. Search the Internet for lots more vocabulary games, such as an online version of Boggle. On Facebook, play Scrabble, Pathwords, Word Drop, Word Chaos!, and similar word games.
4. Play vocabulary word games offline. For example, play a game called Magic Word or Dictionary. In Magic Word/Dictionary, someone chooses a weird word from the dictionary and suggests 4 or 5 alternative definitions. The other players have to pick the correct definition. Another good vocabulary word game is Hangman. Also, try vocabulary crosswords. And don't forget Scrabble, Boggle, and Upwords.
5. Each day, choose a word from the dictionary and learn that word, including definition and example uses. See if you can incorporate the new word into your day's conversation.
7. Use good vocabulary-building software such as Ultimate Vocabulary. Vocabulary-building software is one of the best and easiest ways of improving your vocabulary.
8. Use vocabulary flash cards. Vocabulary flash cards contain a word on one side and the definition on the other side.
9. Use or create your own vocabulary cartoons: the pictures accompanying the word will help you to remember the word's meaning.
10. Listen to intelligent debates and programs on radio and watch educational shows on television. Pay attention to any words you haven't heard before and learn their definitions.
*Denise and I recommend only products that we have tried and tested. These include Ultimate Vocabulary. We have agreed to receive a commission from some sales of Ultimate Vocabulary because we are happy to endorse that software.